If you suffer from diabetes it does not mean that it is an end to tasty and delicious food on your table. I've searched lots of information and found 5 easy diabetic recipes for you! All these dishes are very yummy ones. Do not consider that your diabetic food should be tasteless. One well-known diabetic nutritionist Adelle Davis made an excellent compilation of simple diabetic recipes for all types. These easy to cook dishes will vary your daily menu and bring joy to your family. So let's start:
1. Yummy bran yogurt. Take any fresh fruit, for example, a banana. Toss it into a blender with one glass of skim milk, half a cup of plain fat-free yogurt, a teaspoon of vanilla extract, a teaspoon or two of sugar and one fourth of a cup of your favorite bran flakes. Blend all these ingredients until you get a smooth mix and pour it into eight ounce glass or goblet. Sprinkle with cinnamon and tasty thing is ready!
2. Salmon snack. You will need:
– 6 oz. salmon
– 1 tbsp. chopped green pepper
– onion slices
– 1/4 tsp. horseradish
– 1 to 2 tbsp. diet French dressing
– 3 oz. Swiss cheese
– 6 slices tomatoes
– 3 slices of toast
For starting you should slice salmon and horseradish in small pieces, after this mingle with pepper and French dressing and then divide the mix into thirds. You need to spread the mix on 3 slices of toast and add one ounce cheese, 2 slices of tomato and some onion slices to each toast. Finally, all is left to do is to place under the broiler until the cheese bubbles.
3. Green Pasta. First of all you need to cook pasta and put it aside for a while. Then heat olive oil in pan and add some green beans, broccoli and green onion. After this you should add a few drops of water and cook until the vegetables are done. Now mix pasta and vegetables. Finally put some cheese and wait until it will melt. Find more easy diabetic recipes!
4. Banana Bread. You will need:
– one cup sugar subtitle
– half a cup of margarine
– 2 tbsp. skim milk
– 2 egg whites (slightly beaten)
– 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
– 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
– 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
First you should cream the margarine and sugar substitute. Then add the egg whites, milk, and bananas (mashed) to the margarine mix. Mix well. After this, you need to fold into the banana mix the baking soda, powder and salt. Mix well. Then pour mixture into a bread loaf pan that has been greased by cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 60 minutes but check bread around 45 minutes. Every oven looks to bake differently. Enjoy!
5. Tomato crostini. You'll need:
– 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
– 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
– 2 teaspoons olive oil
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– Freshly ground pepper
– 1/4 pound crusty Italian peanut bread, cut into 4 slices and toast
Combine tomatoes, basil, oil, garlic and pepper in a medium bowl. Cover and let stand 30 minutes. Divide tomato mixture with any juices among the toast. Serve at room temperature.